Sunday, January 2, 2011

Washington

We went to Washington.........Okay, it was over a month ago, and I stayed there for a while to attend a digital art school, and April flew up a few times to visit, and drive home with me in the ol' truck, but it was still an adventure/series of adventures. and it was the last one we took.........and it's 2:30am, and I'm bored.
This post is all about the trip UP to Washington, not the visits from April, or the trip back, JUST the trip UP.



Our route took us through Oregon, and Idaho, we could have made it in 14 hours, but it took us 19 because we kept stopping and exploring small towns and random spots on the way.
We stopped in a boss little town in Oregon, called Baker; an apparrently old milling town, full of victorian houses and buildings from the 30's....not to mention the old mill itsself.

When we finally got to Washington, it was pretty late, or early....at any rate, We decided to hold up in a motel for the night, and get to my new diggs first thing in the morning. We found ourselves a howard johnson, and ate a pretty average contenental breakfast the next morning....Afterward, we stopped for some gas across the street; I was baffeled to get a "Green" grocery bag from the attendant at the station, one which, it read, was good at any Safeway.........I was at a shell station........This wouldn't be my last experience with the whole "Green" Garbage in the state of washington.

Anyhow, Once we finally got the truck unloaded at my apartment, and met my friendly-hipster roommate, we headed to Seattle.



We went to all the cliche tourist spots: Fisherman's warf, Ye old Curriosity shop......though oddly, not the space needle.
We went into a hep Antique shop where April bought a very fine yellow Suitcase from the 60's with only one questionable stain on it!



after all that noise, We rode the ferries across to bainbridge Island, where we went to a crazy lil' historic Dutch town, on the Ferry, we made rediculous asses of ourselves, by running around, dancing, singing, and watching a gal try to take "Jumping Photos" of herself.




From Bainbridge island, we drove to the olympic peninsula to explore all the backwoods-ey parts of Washington. It turns out, a bunch of old fisherman have old beat-up boats on their properties. They were really cool, and a lot of fun to explore.


We went to my Hermit-grandfather's old property, where I used to spend my summers all growing up. I made friends with a newt I found in the woods,



and we talked with my grandfather's "Neighbors" and listened to them regale us with memories of my grandparents, while WE tried to fight away their cat in the most subtle and polite way possible.



we spent the rest of the day exploring the mountains and small towns around there, got ourselves lost in Olympia..(a horrible city) drove all the way around the puget sound and back to my apartment in Woodinville. The next day we went BACK into seattle, and litterally drove around for 5 hours trying to find a parking space before just leaving back to Woodinville and indulging in what April refered to as adequately mediocre pizza......Frankly, I think that was being a bit generous. But the serving staff was REALLY friendly!
some random shots from the trip.

High-YAH!

<>

No comments:

Post a Comment